Preschool Spanish Teacher
- - Language
- Lexington, SC, USA
- Full Time
Big Blue Marble Academy ("BBMA") is searching for a career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the 21st Century. Our unique curriculum emphasizes global citizenship, character development, and foreign languages. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Our teachers are dedicated to supporting our brand and mission of providing global education for children of all ages.
Part of our curriculum is to deliver highly engaging Spanish, French and Mandarin classes and language immersion summer camps to kids in a lively, encouraging learning environment. Our dynamic classes incorporate original music, dance, games, storytelling and more to keep kids immersed and engaged in the target language.
We are searching for an experienced and fluent foreign language teacher that will lead the children through the adventures of our Passport to Language curriculum through workbooks, songs, drama, games and other learning materials. We provide training, materials and lesson plans with our curriculum.
- Language Program Implementation: Engaging students of all age groups through the adventures of our Passport to Language curriculum. Using our workbooks, songs, drama, games and other learning materials will allow you to create a positive, fun learning environment for children of all ages.
- Potential to Travel to Multiple Locations: Based on the needs of our multiple locations, you may travel from center to center each week to deliver the language enrichment.
- Communication: The ability to communicate clearly and appropriately with children, directors, peers and parents. Create written communication to parents as directed by Language/Curriculum Program Director.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- College degree preferred; high school diploma required
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
- Fluent in Spanish
- Experience working with children in groups
- Must be comfortable working with a wide variety of ages, including younger children
- Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and be willing to travel in a pre-determined territory
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! This position is part-time. Our company offers opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in childcare.