Preschool Assistant Teachers (Infants, Toddlers, Twos, & Floating age groups)
- North Carolina - Waxhaw
- Waxhaw, NC, USA
- Full Time
Big Blue Marble Academy ("BBMA") is searching for a career-minded educator with the desire to lead children into the 21st Century. Our unique curriculum emphasizes global citizenship, character development, and foreign languages. Our ideal candidate must be a self-starter, have strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work in a team environment. Our teachers are dedicated to supporting our brand and mission of providing global education for children of all ages.
Assistant teachers are responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher in all daily functions of the classroom.
- Classroom Management: As assistant teacher, you will assist in preparation and implementation of our curriculum for the class in accordance with the policies and philosophy of BBMA.
- Communication and Customer Service: Ability to follow direction from the Lead Teacher as you develop rapport with parents and caregivers about the goals and successes of the children in your class. Assist as needed in using required daily activity reports, either written or electronic, to communicate about each child's daily activity.
- Operations and Compliance: Follow all procedures for compliance, including but not limited to tracking and transitions. Maintain cleanliness of classroom and other areas as assigned.
- Team player: Must be flexible and able to help other team members as needed. Must be prepared to work with all ages – infant through age four.
- Must be at least 19 years of age
- Must have high school diploma
- Minimum of six months experience working in a licensed childcare facility
- Must pass background checks
- Obtain and maintain state in-service training requirements
- Must be CPR and First Aid certified
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds, and be able to see, hear, and respond to children's needs, including reaching high, stooping to the child's level, and sitting on the floor and getting up
- Be able to handle, in a positive way, the demands that contact with many children and parents bring every day.
- Bilingual is a plus
We offer a team environment that supports the learning success of children! Our benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance along with childcare discounts, referral credits and PTO for full-time, eligible employees. We also offer voluntary benefits for Short-term Disability, Accident Plan, Critical Illness/Cancer Plans. BBMA offers opportunity for growth and on-the-job training to further your career in early childhood education.